Welcome to where I am, where my kitchen's always messy, a pot's (or a poet) always about to boil over, a dog is always begging to be fed. Drafts of poems on the counter. Windows filled with leaves. Wind. Clouds moving over the mountains. If you like poetry, books, and music--especially dog howls when a siren unwinds down the hill-- you'll like it here.


MY NEW AUTHOR'S SITE, KATHRYNSTRIPLINGBYER.COM, THAT I MYSELF SET UP THROUGH WEEBLY.COM, IS NOW UP. I HAD FUN CREATING THIS SITE AND WOULD RECOMMEND WEEBLY.COM TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN SETTING UP A WEBSITE. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY NEW SITE TO KEEP UP WITH EVENTS RELATED TO MY NEW BOOK.


MY NC POET LAUREATE BLOG, MY LAUREATE'S LASSO, WILL REMAIN UP AS AN ARCHIVE OF NC POETS, GRADES K-INFINITY! I INVITE YOU TO VISIT WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO READ SOME GOOD POEMS.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG, MOUNTAIN WOMAN, WHERE YOU WILL FIND UPDATES ON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN MY KITCHEN, IN THE ENVIRONMENT, IN MY IMAGINATION, IN MY GARDEN, AND AMONG MY MOUNTAIN WOMEN FRIENDS.




Saturday, February 13, 2010

SNOW IN SW GEORGIA!

(My brother's dog J.J. trying to figure out what's going on! )

OK, he can always sniff around in this strange white stuff.






(Here's my mother, on left, and her good friend Ann Noble who now lives with her. Yesterday was Ann's birthday. Snow was her surprise birthday gift!)

These are photos my brother took with his fancy phone! When was the last time we had snow in the deep South?

7 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Evidently there is snow in every state but Hawaii at the moment -- delighting a lot of southern children, I'll bet!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

The news said there was snow in fifty states. Even north Florida got a touch. Unbelievable winter. The Farmers Almanac was right when it predicted a harsh winter.

Happy Valentines Day.
Sam

Susan M. Bell said...

My mother-in-law lives just outside Savannah, and she was calling yesterday to say they were expecting some snow down there. She sounded rather excited. We'll find out tomorrow how much she actually got during our regular weekly phone call with her.

Jessie Carty said...

The snow has been pretty but I am officially ready for it to be over!

Glenda Council Beall said...

My family in Albany, Ga said it was thick enough to cover the roof tops and covered the grown nicely. I remember only a few days in my life that we had snow in south west Georgia.

Kathryn Stripling Byer said...

Yes, the snow brought a lot of excitement. My brother said it stopped right after he'd taken these photographs!
Now we get another round of it here in the mountains tonight and tomorrow morning, if the predictions are correct.
Thanks, Sam, for the Valentine's wish. I hope you all had a good day.

Charlotte Holmes said...

Even in the not-so-good light, I can see your resemblance to your mother, Kay. These are rich photos, so full of a particular southern winter light.