Welcome to where I am, where my kitchen's always messy, a pot's (or a poet) always about to boil over, a dog is always begging to be fed. Drafts of poems on the counter. Windows filled with leaves. Wind. Clouds moving over the mountains. If you like poetry, books, and music--especially dog howls when a siren unwinds down the hill-- you'll like it here.


MY NEW AUTHOR'S SITE, KATHRYNSTRIPLINGBYER.COM, THAT I MYSELF SET UP THROUGH WEEBLY.COM, IS NOW UP. I HAD FUN CREATING THIS SITE AND WOULD RECOMMEND WEEBLY.COM TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN SETTING UP A WEBSITE. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY NEW SITE TO KEEP UP WITH EVENTS RELATED TO MY NEW BOOK.


MY NC POET LAUREATE BLOG, MY LAUREATE'S LASSO, WILL REMAIN UP AS AN ARCHIVE OF NC POETS, GRADES K-INFINITY! I INVITE YOU TO VISIT WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO READ SOME GOOD POEMS.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG, MOUNTAIN WOMAN, WHERE YOU WILL FIND UPDATES ON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN MY KITCHEN, IN THE ENVIRONMENT, IN MY IMAGINATION, IN MY GARDEN, AND AMONG MY MOUNTAIN WOMEN FRIENDS.




Friday, February 12, 2010

Seeing Old Friends Again in Raleigh!


I'm just back from Raleigh where I placed the NC Poet Laureate laurel wreath on Cathy Smith Bowers' lovely head. I presented her with a bottle of wine with our names on it and read a poem I'd written for her. What a fabulous day it was! Here are some video highlights:
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAk6fOzaNE)

And I got to see so many old and dear friends, as well as new ones I've found through being Laureate.

The photo above shows me and my friend Lou Green, a brilliant poet and visual artist whose work I admire beyond words. She lives in Davidson. I featured her latest chapbook on my laureate blog a while back and plan to re-run it on this one.

I'll be posting about my time in Raleigh, with some photos and observations. Come back a little later for that!

Now to get ready for more snow!

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

i was so sorry i couldn't make it up there! but so glad you had a great time :) i've already seen some great pictures on Facebook of the event.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.